As researchers tout “super foods” and other miraculous medicines to ensure beautiful skin, one remedy has retained steady praise – drinking water. Regardless of your lifestyle, water is an easy addition to any skincare regimen. Without water, skin can become dry, tight and flaky. When skin is dehydrated, it is more prone to wrinkles and loses its natural resiliency. In order to achieve healthy and luminous skin, it’s imperative to hydrate from the inside out.
During the summer months, dehydration is more prevalent because of higher temperatures and increased time spent outdoors. Here are a few tips to maintain your skin’s moisture:
- Apply moisturizer within two minutes of getting out of the shower-this will lock in the moisture acting as a barrier for your skin.
- Keep a water bottle with you at all times (at your desk, in the car, in your tote).
- Drink water with snacks and meals.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables! More than 20% of the body’s fluids come from the foods we eat.
- Like what you’re drinking – it doesn’t have to be plain water or packed with spinach to give you the hydration you need.
- Traveling this summer? Hydrate before, during and after your trip to maintain dewy skin.
If sipping water is still leaving your skin feeling dry and tight, pamper yourself with PRIORI® Advanced AHA Replenishing Masque. This rich, creamy at-home facial masque instantly moisturizes and helps replenish the skin’s natural barrier function while revitalizing the skin for a smoother appearance. Replenishing Masque assists the skin in two of its main functions – keeping water in and free radicals out.